Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Fighting Off A Suicide Bomber

An account from the Army Times of our guys fending off a suicide bomber in Iraq:

It was about 4:30 p.m. when the soldier spotted the white Suburban taxi moving rapidly toward Ivezaj’s Stryker.

“I saw him coming fast,” recalled the 32-year-old infantryman. “I fired a warning shot, but he didn’t stop, so I engaged the vehicle.”

The soldier said he aimed at the driver and fired.

“I know I hit him because I saw the driver slump.

“Then it blew,” he said, describing what happened next. “It went black. The next thing I knew, I was I was at the bottom of the air guard hatch, my head started throbbing, and I just knew I had to get back in the hatch because I didn’t know if a second one was coming.”


Hat tip to the Indepundit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home